First-Time User Checklist
This training document provides a checklist of what you need to do before booking travel with Concur Travel or using CTP travel services for the first time.
Before booking travel for the first time in Concur you must (Required):
- Travelers must use a KU/KUCR P-Card issued to them or a personal credit card in Concur. If you do not have a P-Card, employees can obtain a KU, KUCR or KU Declining Balance P-Card by completing the following:
- Complete P-Card application (Procurement Card Action Request & Application form)
- Have P-Card application approved by appropriate supervisor, then submit the form.
- Complete and Pass the P-Card Quiz. P-card quizzes are administered in Blackboard. The requestor will be notified by email with directions for the quiz.
- Update your Profile - you can access Concur from the Travel Services home page.
- Ensure your name matches your ID use to check into airport security
- Add your mobile number for airline contact purposes
- Verify your KU email address
- Add your SSC support staff or travel processor's email address in the Email Addresses section to ensure they always receive a copy of your travel itinerary/invoices for documentation purposes
- Add your emergency contact info
- Add travel preferences and frequent traveler programs if applicable -- make sure the name on your frequent travel programs matches your ID and the name entered in your Concur profile
- Add travel arrangers that will help manage travel as needed
- Enter KU/KUCR P-Card issued in your name or personal credit card
- Activate E-Receipts from the Concur Home Page Alerts section or in Profile Options.
- Review current KU Travel Policy & Procedures.
- Visit the Travel Training Library for Concur Travel instructional assistance.
Before you travel (Not required, but helpful for quicker reimbursement processing):
- Download the Concur Mobile app and connect other travel apps with Concur.
- The ExpenseIt tool within Concur Mobile can be used to take pictures and submit receipts automatically to your Available Expenses for reimbursement processing.
- Travel apps such as Uber, Lyft, The Parking Spot and Spot Hero that you connect to your Concur Profile will automatically send electronic receipts to your Available Expenses for reimbursement processing.