First-Time User Checklist
This training guide provides a checklist of what you need to do before booking travel with Concur Travel or using CTP travel services for the first time.
Before booking travel for the first time in Concur you must (Required):
- Create a Concur Travel Request for ALL out of state and international travel before booking travel.
- Establish form of payment. Travelers must use a KU/KUCR P-Card issued to them -OR- a personal credit card in Concur. If you do not have a P-Card, employees can obtain a KU, KUCR or KU Declining Balance P-Card by completing the following:
- Review the P-card FAQ and Procedures as needed, then fill out the P-Card application (Procurement Card Action Request & Application form)
- Submit P-Card application upon receipt of supervisor approval.
- Complete and Pass the P-Card Quiz. P-Card quizzes are administered in Blackboard. The requestor will be notified by email with directions for the quiz.
- Once the completed quiz is submitted, you should be able to pick up your KU/KUCR P-Card within approximately 10 business days. Declining Balance P-Cards are generally ready to pick up within 4 business days or less.
- Update your Profile. After updated, you should only need to edit some sections as needed like phone # or credit card.
- Ensure your name matches your ID used to check into airport security. If it does not, email the correct name to email@example.com.
- Add your mobile number for airline contact purposes. HINT: It is suggested that Travelers put their Mobile number in the Work number field as it is a better contact number.
- Verify your KU email address
- Add your SSC support staff or travel processor's email address in the Email Addresses section to ensure they always receive a copy of your travel itinerary/invoices for documentation purposes
- Add your emergency contact info
- Add travel preferences and frequent traveler programs if applicable -- make sure the name on your frequent travel programs matches your ID and the name entered in your Concur profile
- Add travel arrangers that will help manage travel as needed
- Enter KU/KUCR P-Card issued in your name or personal credit card -- multiple cards can be saved in your profile.
- Activate E-Receipts from the Concur Home Page Alerts section or in Profile Options.
- Review current KU Travel Policy & Procedures as needed.
- Visit the Travel Training Library for instructional assistance as needed for booking in Concur Travel.
Before you travel (Not required, but helpful for quicker reimbursement processing):
- Download the Concur Mobile app and connect other travel apps with Concur.
- The ExpenseIt tool within Concur Mobile can be used to take pictures and submit receipts automatically to your Available Expenses for reimbursement processing.
- Travel apps such as Uber, Lyft, The Parking Spot and Spot Hero that you connect to your Concur Profile will automatically send electronic receipts to your Available Expenses for reimbursement processing.